Boococks launches in-house domestic energy assessment service

Boococks launches in-house domestic energy assessment service Date online: 23/08/2018

If you’re thinking of selling or letting your home, you’ll need to provide prospective buyers or tenants with an The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for your property.

The certificate is issued following an assessment carried out by a licensed Domestic Energy Assessor.

Here at Boococks we have our own, fully qualified in -house assessor, Harry Manock.

Harry is our Sales Negotiator and recently qualified as a domestic energy assessor, making selling a home easier for our customers.

An Energy Performance Certificate is needed whenever a property is sold or let. It provides details on the energy performance of your property and what you can do to improve it.

The domestic energy assessment involves:

  • Establishing the age and construction method of the property
  • Measuring floor and wall areas
  • Looking at heating systems such as the boiler, heat emitters and controls
  • Identifying existing cavity wall and loft insulation
  • Identifying any alternative heating used (such as solar) and any energy-efficient products (such as energy saving light bulbs)

For more information about domestic energy assessments, or to arrange a market appraisal for your home, please contact Harry on 01422 386376 or email hm32@wilkinsonwoodward.co.uk


« Back to Article List


Why trust boocock image

Boococks Estate Agents & Lettings are devoted to providing the highest possible customer care whether you are looking to buy a property, sell a property or looking to rent a property.